Established in 2011, Frumist is an e-liquid manufacturing and retailing company based in Blackburn, Lancashire.
With premium vape juice flavours such as Cherry Tart, Lemon Cake and Melon Twist, Frumist has a small but significant slice of the booming UK e-cigarette market – forecast to reach $6.5 billion by 2024, according to research by P&S Intelligence.
After winning a number of awards for some of their e-liquids, Frumist were understandably keen to capitalise on this success and to accelerate business growth.
Could we help them get bigger and better?
Usman Akbar – Managing Director of Frumist approached us at Cap Coder with a specific brief, focusing on two key areas:
1) Increasing current output of e-liquid
2) Expanding their range to larger 60ml and 120ml fills.
Usman wanted a brand new e liquid filling machine, one that provided automatic bottle filling, cap tightening and, as a priority, the ability to quickly change-over from one product size or flavour to another.
Unfortunately, Frumist had had a negative experience with a previous machinery supplier and were understandably very cautious when faced with sourcing additional equipment.
This meant we were questioned, scrutinised and challenged at every point of the project.
The project team at Cap Coder got together and designed and custom-built a Micro Mono. Our Micro Mono is both a capping machine and one of our most popular filling machines.
We fitted this Micro Mono with a precision gear pump that included a bespoke product outfeed/transfer onto an existing labelling system.
Frumist had very limited experience of working with the latest specification automatic machinery therefore we also provided intensive training at their premises.
Even though Frumist are a full three hours from Cap Coder, we never let them down once. We provided telephone support and onsite visits in the first weeks after installation to help them get up to speed and start maximising output from their new machine.
Fitted with a precision gear pump that included a bespoke product outfeed onto an existing labelling system.
We provided telephone support backed up with frequent onsite visits to train operators.Read what clients say about our support
The ‘buy-in’ from the operators at Frumist was instant.
They really appreciated the efficiencies made to their production area, which in turn allowed extra time for completing their end-of-line packaging process and clean-down regime.
Management were pleased too.
Performance increase could be measured in three main areas:
1) The throughput rose to 20+ bottles per minute of short-fill production.
2) Due to the simple calibration of the pump, the consistency of fill levels from this filling machine was improved dramatically. The amount of torque required to ‘snap’ closed the tamper evident cap on a 60/120ml ‘Chubby Gorilla’ bottle is really high in comparison to other cap closures.
3) The CC720 torque head in the Micro Mono enables consistent closure every time, which helps to eliminate spillages and leaks while completely removing the threat of RSI for operators.